Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I'm so behind on posts that I'll probably just skip over things.

It's overwhelming to think that I haven't even posted anything from Thanksgiving. And wouldn't it be kinda weird to open your reader and see "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" right now? Yeah, I thought so too. So, we'll just skip over that holiday. 

Onto the holiday season! We've loaded this last month up with activities galore and for once, it wasn't me doing the event planning. Big Poppa has had grand plans for the kids. This is usually the man that wants to stay in all weekend and watch sports and relax while I'm itching to get out because I've been cooped up with Satan's my children all week. So when he started talking about going to Hershey Park and Washington DC for family time, I jumped at it.  

First up was Washington DC for the Daughters of the American Revolutions Holiday "Open House." They are a client of Big Poppa's and the fam was invited down to celebrate. I was nervous about this one for a couple reasons.

1. We'd be taking both kids and staying in a hotel overnight. Luckily we got a suite and they had their own room and we had ours. Not that it would matter because Avery would be up screaming bloody murder at 4am. I think she woke up the entire hotel.

2. The "Open House" was at the DAR Museum. Ummmmm, a museum? Like, with breakable stuff? Yes, that kind of museum. And we would be letting our 2 year old run around in said museum? Oh sweet baby Jesus.

3. The "Open House" (Christ....can't we just call it a Christmas Party already?!) wasn't even really getting underway until 7pm. My kids are usually starting bedtime routine around that time. This could get ugly.

I have to say though that I was pleasantly surprised. They were both so well behaved. I did get a little nervous when we went to the kid play area and they had a porcelain tea set out. For reals?! The highlight was walking into the huge library where a small children's choir was singing "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer" and Luca marching right up to the front of them and belting it out with them. That's become his favorite holiday tune thus far. 

We left there in search of a family friendly restaurant since the kids hadn't had dinner. Yeah, 2 miles later (in the freezing f'ing cold with snot running down both our faces) we finally stumbled on a Johnny Rockets. 

Overall, it was a good trip. Avery lost her shit at 4am and pretty much didn't stop losing her shit until we got home. Me thinks she's a homebody like her Mama. 







2 comments:

QueenBee said...

The pictures make up for anything you missed saying. How lovely.

Diana Lesjak said...

Really great pictures... what a cute little family you are!! Merry Christmas Amy! I think your kids are so good... just look at them on Santa's lap? They look very well adjusted and content to sit on this guys lap... I must say he looks like a great Santa!! Big Poppa has to be proud of his family... your all adorable!