Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. To be honest, I completely forgot about this blog which is strange because I read so many other blogs everyday that you'd think I'd remember my own. Nope...oh well.
LJ had his 4 month well baby visit on December 28th. It went well except of course for the part where they plunge 4 needles into his little ham hock thighes. I can't handle that part so I leave and let Daddy be the one holding his hand. I know I have to come around to all this and be there for him but it's gonna take me some time. He's weighing in at 15 lbs. even, is 25 inches long, and has a head that is 17 inches around. I swear I'm not making up the part about how ginormous the kids head is. He is in the 50th percentiles for height and weight and the 75th for head circumference. We just keep telling ourselves that it means he has more brains. Whatever you gotta do, right?!
LJ's pediatrician also said that he has excellent head control and is already ahead developmentally because he can sit himself up with good control. However he needs to improve his tummy time. He's a little behind in that department. But he's already improved since that visit. He can now use his arms a little bit to push himself up!
That brings me to the first half of this blog title...solids. Pedi said that we could start giving him some rice cereal with applesauce or bananas before bed to help him STTN (sleep through the night). So starting on Monday, we did just that. But here's the kicker...his sleeping at night got worse. It took us a few days but we've come to realize that his belly just doesn't tolerate the cereal very well. He was waking up so often because he didn't feel good. So no more cereal for LJ. Or at least not until his belly has matured a little more. But of course we still took loads of pictures!

Now for the second part of the blog title...CHOP. We had LJ's follow up visit with the Pediatric Orthopedist at CHOP. We were still concerned about his foot being turned in. The Dr. didn't think we had anything to worry about. A club foot, apparently, is usually fixed or locked in one position and LJ's can be moved around. He also reacts when you scratch or tickle the bottom of his foot which is another sign that things are ok. He did mention one small issue though. The kid has abnormally thick feet. The Dr. told us that they were thicker than normal so it would probably be difficult to find shoes that fit him when that time comes. We aren't too worried about that though. But ask us when he's a year old and we may be singing a different tune!
And just one last note...LJ loves his exersaucer. It's so funny to watch him play in it! And of course, some pictures for your entertainment!


No comments:
Post a Comment