Here are his stats: 21.2 pounds, 28.5 inches long, and 18.5 inch head circumference. Yes, it's official. My child is a moose! But I wouldn't have it any other way.
On to the more traumatic info now. He didn't need any vaccines at this appointment however he did get a TB shot (a needle just under the first layer of skin). He handled it like a champ. He only cried for about 10 seconds. Not bad. But then........bloodwork. Holy Christ was this traumatic....for ME! Sure he cried. That's expected. But I didn't think it would be so hard on me too! I had to hold him in my lap and pin down his one arm while another (male) nurse held his other arm down on the counter. Then another (female) nurse drew the blood. He started to cry as soon as they tied that tight band around his fat little arm. And it's not like his arms are skinny or something and the veins just come popping out. But they only had to stick him one time, thank God! I don't think I've ever heard him cry that hard before. It broke my heart. If I had known that we would be doing bloodwork that day, Daddy would have joined us and done the dirty work. Instead, I was stuck with it. Ugh. He has a little bruise now from it. It's a battlescar.
We also got the green light on table foods. And it's perfect timing because I think he's starting to get sick of the baby food. He's been slowly refusing it more and more.
And on that note, I must go. Someone is starting to fuss! I'll post pics later!


No comments:
Post a Comment