Luca
This kid gets funnier and funnier everyday. He's speaking in full sentences now which never fails to entertain. He's so sweet and sensitive too. He still messes up words saying things like:
- See you martow...See you tomorrow
- Oh my good-mess!...Oh my goodness!
- Hole ma-role!...Holy macarole!
- Giant ex-da-day-er...Giant excavator
- Bull-doe-uh...Bulldozer
- Skid skeer...skid steer (are we seeing a trend with the construction vehicles here??)
This was a recent conversation of ours:
Luca: "Mommy, where Daddy?"
Me: "You know where Daddy is. I told you yesterday."
Luca: "Oh yeah. Daddy in O-highway."
PS - Big Poppa was in Ohio.
I am so proud of the little boy he is growing into. His sensitivity to me and his baby sister is so sweet. It melts my heart constantly. Potty training has been, um, non-existent. We've tried. Good lord, have we tried. But he's a stubborn one. Big Poppa sat him on the potty recently and told him to push out the pee-pee. His response?
"It not work anymore. It broken. It need batteries."
We're also trying to teach him to ask questions properly. The other day he wanted to 'get down' from the dinner table. He turned to me and asked, "Mama, may I have some 'get down' please?"
Seriously, how can you not want to eat him up?
Here are a couple pics of our sweet Luca Joseph at 2.5 years old!
Avery
Oh my sweet, sweet Avery. She is such a cuddle bug but can also throw one hell of a tantrum. She curls up on my chest and nuzzles her sweet little head into my neck with her flower lovey and ya-ya (pacifier) and just...cuddles. And it's so sweet and I hope she never stops doing that. But when homegirl doesn't get something that she wants, oh sweet baby Jesus in a manger. The tantrum and screaming and flailing that she does is UNREAL!
But she's growing at an unbelievable rate. Her vocabulary is so impressive too. She's starting to string words together. Her particular favorites...
- Go a-waaaaaay! (yeah, this is a fun one.)
- No waaaaaay!
- moooooe...more (the sign language for more usually accompanies this word)
- dabba dabba...Yo Gabba Gabba
-pee-pee...sippy
When you ask her, "where is Daddy?" She responds, "where Dada (while raising her hands and shrugging her shoulders)? I da know." It's the most adorable thing in the world.
As stubborn and fiesty as this little girl is, she completely lights up our world. She has her Daddy, Pop-Pop and Ah-Pop wrapped around her little finger. But I know she's gonna make me go gray by the age of 30.
Here are some updated pictures of our sweet Avery Pie!
Lukey and Avie baby...you mean the world to me. As much as I might complain about you and drink myself to sleep at night, you are the best things that ever happened to me. And I cannot imagine what my every day would be like without you in it. I love you Luca and Avery...as high as the sky and as big as Heaven!
(And I'll be back to my normal pessimistic, sarcastic blogging tomorrow! LOL!)


1 comment:
So fun to see the pictures of your sweet babies!! Avery looks like she is doing well!! Love the conversations he is having with you. Glad your enjoying the ride... I am getting to relive my ride all over again with Sarah, Molly and Cayden. So worth it all!! Hope your sister is well. Your hair looks adorable!
Post a Comment