Saturday, April 17, 2010

This is what my life has become...

Prior to having babies I would spend my weekends sleeping, shopping, relaxing with Big Poppa, visiting family or friends...just taking it easy. No big responsibilities or events. Nothing overly exciting. I could come and go as I pleased. It was a lovely time.

Now that I have children my weekends are spent in a completely different way. Take today for example. How am I spending my Saturday after a long week of working and child rearing?

Trying to get Luca to poop.

Please contain your excitement. The kid has been whining since this morning that he pooped and needs his diaper changed. So I lay him down, take off his pants, un-velcro his diaper and alas, there is no poop. This has happened at least 1,689,478 times today. He even asked to use the bathroom when we were out to brunch this morning. Ummm...this is the kid who won't even pee on the potty and he asked me to use the bathroom?! Riiiiiight.

So it's now 1pm and still no poop. And he's still upset about it so clearly there's an issue.

So, I'll spend the remainder of my day partaking in a "form" of child-rearing...literally. Ah, the joys of motherhood.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Child "rearing"... good luck with that one!! Ha Hey, at least you went to brunch! Lucky Duck

QueenBee said...

Them darn kids!