'Did she/he get fat?'
'Is she/he still a bitch/asshole?'
'Is she/he more successful?'
'Who has the most money, cutest kids, hottest wife/husband?'
I could go on but I won't. Unfortunately, this is what reunions have become and the reason that I am not particularly looking forward to mine. Which will sound even crazier after I give you this little tidbit of info...
I'M THE ONE WHO PLANNED IT!
There are a good amount of people who will be there that I genuinely look forward to seeing. They are people who I was friends with in high school, lost touch throughout college and so on and then re-acquainted with on MySpace (when I was still on MySpace) or Facebook. I don't feel like I'll be judged by these people. But there are others who I know will be judging and it's really unsettling. I've always been the type that cares what other people think. I know I shouldn't but I do.
For example, I got an email from one particular 'cool' kid (and by cool I mean super uncool) asking me if I could I send him the list of people who already sent in their ticket money because he was 'on the fence' about attending and wanted to see who else would be there before rsvp'ing.
This is what I mean. Did he want to make sure that those who were attending would live up to his super cool standards? Worth his time? It just blows my mind how shallow some people still are. And Christ, if you're gonna be that shallow at least don't admit to it. Bury that shit deep in your conscience!
Soooooo, any good reunion stories for me?


6 comments:
None here. Didn't go. Didn't care. What a lame ass wanting to know in advance who was going. Loser. I went to 2 high schools... the first one's reunion would have been the one I would have wanted to go to but, unfortunately I did not graduate from there. Amy, you will be amazed at how you become such good friends with your kids friends parents when they start school. Those people are who I am closest with, our children have grown up together and "real" friendships grown. Not that high school crap!! Good for you for planning it... Go and enjoy it... show off your beautiful babies and Big Papa!!
Isn't it sad that people are still so insecure that they worry about stuff like that (who makes the most money, who has the hottest spouse, etc)? Good God, we're almost 30...I would've thought that we'd be beyond that. I won't lie, I'm just as nervous as I am excited, but when all is said and done, life has been good to me and I don't need the approval of those "super cool" types to be happy.
I'm dying to know who sent that email asking for a list of RSVPs. I can only imagine!
I didn't go to mine, only because it was half-ass put together & mainly for a different type of people. No invitations, flyers. I should plan one myself.
But we recently went to R's (at a much smaller school) & it was fun.
I blew mine off at the last minute. They were charging $92 PER HEAD (and I got married at this place, so I knew for a fact it didn't cost that much to have an event there). I realized that anyone I hoped to see there, I was already in touch with, so why spend $200 to hang out with friends I already had? So we canceled. And I'm so glad I did because I heard it sucked.
Ok, listen. I went to my 10th, 15th and 20th reunion. I went because I could, not of who is gonna be there, who is not gonna be there. I went so they can see I'm not gonna back down because of what folks might think. They gonna talk if you do good, they gonna talk if you do bad, so I just went, had a blast and am looking forward to the 25th. I will attend every last one of them as long as they have one. Much love.
Nope.. Didn't go to my 20 year .. I heard they want to plan a cruise for the 25 year reunion. Like I really want to be stuck on a ship with high school people for a WEEK.. yeah right!
Post a Comment