Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Will I ever wake up in a good mood again?

Avery woke up yelling at 4:30am. So I quick go to the bathroom because I know she's going to end up in bed with me. I go in and get her (luckily she hadn't woken Luca) and she's just sitting in her crib yelling and talking, but more yelling than talking. She comes in bed with me and wants no parts of going back to sleep. I finally give in and get her a bottle. She drinks and then starts to fall asleep. Ahhhhh. Sweet success and sweet sleep! Or so I thought.

She decides to not only get up but to start yelling and crying now. Fabulous. So we go in the living room and lay on the couch where I proceed to tell her (as nice as one can tell her at 5am) that it's still sleepy night night time and she needs to go back to sleep. ::gasp!:: She listened and promptly fell back asleep on my chest. No prob. I can do this. So after getting as comfortable as possible I start to doze. I was right at that twilight (no, not the most awesome book turned movie series ev-uh) phase where you're right between sleep and awake when who do I hear? Ahhhh, Lukey. Sweet, sweet, crappy timing Lukey.

So I get up (whilst saying the rosary in the hopes that Avery doesn't wake back up) and lay her down in my bed and go in and get Luca. Now it's Avery, me and Luca all in bed together. It was tight but do-able. And I didn't mind. I had both my boogers laying with me in bed. It was warm and cozy. Luke is good about laying in bed quietly with me in the morning so I wasn't worried. I tell him that it's still sleepy night night time and that he needs to go back to sleep and he very quietly and sweetly says, "Oh-tay." He has one ya-ya (which is a pacifier in Cav family talk) in his mouth and the other one in his hand. He does this weird thing where he sucks on the one and then takes the other one and tries to stick it up his nose (thank GOD his nostrils aren't big enough to fit the ya-ya or we'd have a serious problem!). (PS - does anyone elses kid do this? It's a little weird, right?) And this is where I'm thinking, 'okay. This isn't too bad. I'll get maybe another 30-45 minutes.'

I get back to that twilight phase when I feel (not hear...she's a silent, sneaky little girl) two hands climbing up my back and onto my side.  Before I know it homegirl is up on the side of me staring over at Luca. Luca spots her and it all goes in the crapper. They are both kneeling up on the side of me like they're having a face off or something. And I'm just laying there thinking 'fuuuuuuuuuuck.' 

Done. Sleep = over.

She spits out her ya-ya and begins talking to Luca who promptly responds with something about blueberries, strawberries and bananas. Now they're both at full throttle, talking a mile a minute. He's saying something about a park and some big playground that he wants to go to. Avery's doing her normal babble. 

So we're up now. And I'm cranky. Will I ever wake up happy or content again? Will I ever feel well rested again? 

I've come to the realization that it's purely a choice on my part. I can either choose to wake up happy or choose to wake up crabby.

Today, I choose crabby. 

4 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Yeah, your waking up happy days may be missing right now. But truly... didn't you get over it fast when they started talking to each other and they were happy to see each other?? It made me smile!!

bopbopdesigns said...

Stop scaring me.

Cammie said...

this kind of shit still happens in my house and mine are 6 and 3.

QueenBee said...

It will come...eventually. During the day, make them run outside until they practically fall asleep in the grass. Then take them inside. Bathing can wait. LOL