Friday, February 19, 2010

Sort of like locks of love.

Now that things are calming down I figure I can update a little more about what's been going on.

My sister, Jil (she has a blog and I'd link it but she's so overly devoted to it. I mean she does have a whopping two posts on it. And no offense but that's just not worth the effort of linking it in), was taken to the hospital about two weeks ago with what appeared to be stroke like symptoms. It was scary and after a bunch of tests and crap, it was determined that she had something called a Chiari Malformation in her brain. This diagnosis resulted in brain surgery last Thursday. It was super scary, especially for her, but she made it through successfully.

The neurosurgeon informed her that most of her head would have to be shaved. So in an effort to make it look less, um, dumb, she opted for a super short but super cute haircut. She was really upset about doing it but thought it'd be better than having to shave her whole head. As a show of support (see? I'm not always a bitch whore) my other sister Jodie and I decided to also chop our hair off.

Here are the pictures. I omitted the ones of me crying. I kid, I kid. It took me over a year to grow my hair to the length it was when JoAnn (hairstylist extraordinaire) hacked it all off. But it's hair so it'll grow back. Whatevs. And I'm a loyal girl so it was worth it.

Here is Jil, in her hospital room, getting her hair did. Her eyes are closed because she was pretty drugged. Lucky.



And me. Shut up with the comments on my hotness. You're all just jealous.


Luca got in on the brain surgery haircut action as well. So damn cute!


And my other sister, Jodie, got her turn as well.



Jodie and I with the finished product. It looks much better after a blowdry and flat iron. Promise.


Jil and I later that day. She's a tough cookie.


8 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

You all look beautiful... lovely sisters! So nice to have sisters, isn't it? So glad it all went well for your sister. Does Big Poppa love your new do? You look adorable Amy!

QueenBee said...

Yeah we know it's all hair and it will grow back. Change is good. I absolutely love the haircuts. Seriously. Makes me want to go shorter now. I'm calling the beautician right now...darn...busy signal. I will try again later. You all did a great thing. Hope sis is all better. She may even love the short do that she may never go long again. It's just so easy to manage that way.

bopbopdesigns said...

Love it!

Cammie said...

she is a tough cookie!!! Love you guys, and LOVE the pics of Luca getting his hair cut.

Stephanie Piontkowski said...

Love it! You girls are the best
I do love your hair short Amy, it looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

You are an awesome sister!!

Anonymous said...

I think your relationship and devotion to your sister is inspiring. And your hair looks GREAT!

Unknown said...

damn that's sweet. I think I love you.