Their Facebook statuses are all rainbows and butterflies, peaches and cream, baileys and ice. Nothing ever goes wrong. It's always a beautiful morning, beautiful kids, amazing day/night/morning/afternoon, so blessed/grateful, love love love love love, barf.
I don't buy it.
For reals, it's just not possible to be so fucking positive all.the.time. Kids scream and have bad days and you want to drink yourself into a stupor. EVERYONE has days like that! And you're lying if you say you don't. Now I can understand if you just don't want people to know you have those days or moments. But the constant positivity front is rather annoying. It makes me look at my own life like, 'shit, I suck' because I certainly am not that positive all the time. I'm honest though. If I'm having a great day, you'll for sure know about it. But if it's a bad day and Luca has been in timeout more times than I can count and Avery is SIO (screaming it out...cry it out is so 2 months ago for this little girl) in her crib, you'll know about that too.
ETA: There is nothing wrong with being positive. Rock on with your positive self. But me? I'm a pessimist. Which means I'll tend not to believe you or your positivity. kthanxbye!


5 comments:
I'm thinking we must have similar FB friends. One chick in particular drives me crazy with her constant positiveness (new word, write it down). She never fails to make me feel bad about myself.
YES, I have a FB friend who does the exact same thing, and I don't even have kids and it drives me crazy. Shit, we're probably even thinking of the same person.
Couldnt agree more. Today alone I wasthisclose to hyperventilating from counting to 10 and taking deep breaths so I didnt throw myself off the roof
I am SO with you. Where do those people live? Never never land? Really, things can't be PERFECT all the time!
ohhh baileys and ice....
Post a Comment