You: "Wow. This is gonna be a super fun post to read."
Me: "Sure is, mother humpers! Come join the fun!"
Anytime there is talk of sticking cameras up butts, of course it's bound to be entertaining! And the lucky recipient of said camera up the butt would be my sweet Avie Baby! Poor booger.
Her extended endocrinology blood work came back the same as it did the first time when GI did it. Elevated. Thyroid hasn't changed and is still elevated. I'll try to explain as best I can.
The hormone that is coursing through her body is called T4. That is normal. But her thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) is elevated. It registered at 4.82 and normal is less than 3.8 (so a full point higher). They way they explained it is that her thyroid is working really, really hard to kick out enough T4 to keep her body at a normal level. That's not good.
The doctor's words exactly, "that's a bad sign."
So I asked what it could be a sign of and of course my psycho mind starts thinking cancer or something. All she said was that they think Avery may be in the beginning stages of hypothyroidism. Okay...I can deal with that. That can be fixed with medicine.
The doctor proceeds to tell me that they want to do a thyroid scan because of my family history of both hypo and hyperthyroidism. So we have to get that scheduled asap.
Fast forward to this morning when I get a phone call from GI. I've been harassing calling them for the last few days because Avery just hasn't been herself. She's not taking as much formula anymore and feeding her standard table foods is even becoming a struggle now. They decide that the next step is an endoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy (flex sig). A flex sig is like a colonoscopy only in babies they only go about 1/5 of the way up so it's not as involved as your standard colonoscopy.
Now I await a phone call from both Endocrinology for the date of the thyroid scan and the GI surgical suite for a date on the endoscopy and flex sig.
On a positive note, her 1st birthday is right around the corner! I can't believe she's going to be a year old! We have the location of her birthday party firmed up and now need to figure out the theme and fun activities! I love going into party planning mode!


5 comments:
awwww, poor Avie Baby!! And almost a year old already? shouldnt you be pregnant again by now?
xoxo
yes, poor Avery and poor Amy! It will be good to finally have an answer tho... for all her little mysteries. Glad to be one of your 3!!
Poor baby. Ethan was diagnosed as Hypo at age 3 and Ry is being closely watched since his levels are borderline. If it is that, it will be so good to finally get some answers. I hope the other test is quick and painless.
And yay! I am number 3.
Hey! Don't sell yourself short! Look, you've got at least FOUR followers. Poor baby girl :-( Hope you get some sort of suprisingly good news!
Poor baby. I how some meds is all she needs. U know I love me some meds.
Post a Comment