So we took Luca to the ENT on Monday. He needs to tubes. Like whoa. The doctor said he had painful looking ears and was the poster child for tubes surgery. On one hand I'm really excited he's having this done because obviously it will mean no more pain for the little stink. On the other hand, I'm freaking the fuck out. He has to be given anesthesia and has never had it before. So of course my fucking looney bin, psycho paranoid mind starts running wild on me. What if he's allergic? What if he stops breathing? What if he goes into seizures?
See? Fucking psychotic.
Tuesday, I took Avery to the local children's hospital to start all the testing in hopes of finding out why she's FTT (failure to thrive). She saw GI in the morning. And guess how much she weighed? 16 pounds, 2 ounces! We broke the 16 pound mark!!!!!!! I was so fucking excited! So anyway, GI wants her to stay on the no milk/no soy diet and keep going with the Neocate formula. I've gotta be honest here. I wasn't excited about that. Feeding her tables foods that have no milk or soy byproducts is fucking annoying. And that Neocate formula is insanely expensive. Like $50-60 a can expensive. But I will do whatever little Avie Baby needs and I'll do it with a fake smile on my face!
She was also sweat tested for Cystic Fibrosis and had bloodwork done to check for Celiac Disease and any thyroid issues. I was supposed to get a call last night from my niece Laney's doctor with the results of the sweat test. If you recall, she has CF and has a team of doctors who work to keep her healthy. My sister and brother in law have become close friends with one of the doctors and he knows what's going on with Avery. Unfortunately, he didn't call. So now, psychotic Amy is at full throttle. Did he not call me because the test was positive and since he's not technically Avery's doctor he doesn't want to or more importantly can't be the one to call us and tell us?
Sweet Jesus I'm gonna drive myself crazy!
Hopefully all results come back negative and we can chalk this failure to thrive crap up to a severe milk allergy.
Oh and one more thing...we move this weekend!


2 comments:
let us know when the test results come back. will be thinking about you and Avie Baby!
Wow. I'd be crazy, freakin' out, psycho, too. Hope everything goes okay with Avery's tests.
Post a Comment