Ok, back to reality.
I have a ridiculous amount of shit to get done around the house this week. We are having Avery baptized on Sunday (it's about damn time...I thought my IL's were going to disown us/her if we didn't do it soon) and the house is officially going on the market on Monday, June 29th. Phew! I was supposed to spend Saturday cleaning all day but in typical assholeness, I completely forgot that we have a birthday party at 1 pm that day. Still don't know what I'm gonna do about that but I'll figure it out. The house doesn't have to be completely spotless, right? (ps - that's your cue to just agree with me and not tell me the truth.)
For all of you who have sold a home in the past, I need you! I've never done this before so please give me your best pieces of advice for house selling. Is there anything in particular that you feel is absolute necessary in the process? Not necessary? Help a sista out!


4 comments:
I've never sold a house, but this is your encouragement for the day booster. You can do this!!
Don't go crazy cleaning before the party. You are just gonna have to do it again after the party since it is going on the market! Everyone is going to be checking out your cute kids anyway!
How about the St Joseph trick? You bury a St. Joseph statue facing WEST in the front yard. Our house was on the market a YEAR...and I did try this and the house did sell about 3 weeks later. Was it the statue? It was probably more the prayers to St Joseph!!!
We just sold our house and it was on the market for about 4 months. Here are my tips:
Don't be there when someone tours your house... you don't want to hear their rude comments and they won't take the time to really look at your home.
Make sure all the potties are flushed, the fridge is clean (if you are including your appliances), and there are no stray undies in sight. =)
And lastly, have some flowers on the dining room table... they make the house seem more homey I guess!!
Post a Comment