Tuesday, June 9, 2009

CIO is like someone slowly dragging fingernails across a chalkboard.

Avery has decided to follow in her brothers footsteps and not nap anywhere but on me. And while at first this was cute and sweet, we're now nearly 8 months in and it's old. Real old. So she's upstairs in her crib screaming her little head off. It's been 15 minutes now and she's still going strong. If I go in there she'll only freak out more. Yeah, she's one of those babies. I have to just completely ignore it and hope she eventually cries herself to sleep. It sucks. Every time I think she's done and finally sleeping, she just starts up again.

UGHHHHHH!!!! I hate this part of parenting. 

I need some words of encouragement right now. Or maybe just a nice, strong alcoholic beverage.

3 comments:

MammaDucky said...

I was spoiled with my twin's sleeping habits...then came my son. WOW. Kid is knocking on his second birthday's door and I think MAYBE I have conquered his wakefullness. We'll see.
CIO worked on the twins, not so much on my son. He just gets more and more pissed off. It's hard stuff, CIO. I hope you're successful with it with DD. You definately need a Baileys on the rocks and some loud music to get through.

bopbopdesigns said...

it's worse than fingernails on a chalk board. I think you'd almost rather someone rip your fingernails out than have to listen to that. hang in there.

Sherrie said...

We've been there, done that. And -- while I would say going in there does make it worse in most cases...I had to do that with the 2nd. The 1st one got his way and co-slept with us until he was 5. I was NOT doing that this time.

I started just putting him to bed, and I would say "night night, love you." Then I'd let him cry for 30 mins...go in and repeat "night night, love you." Then I'd wait 40 mins and repeat. Next time would be 50 mins and so on. Well, I think I went in 2x MAX. Now, this was at night, and we eventually had to do it at naps, too.

He now sleeps in his bed for naps and at night (unless mommy feels like cuddling during his afternoon nap, and then we'll nap together on the couch...lol).

Good luck and grab a drink. It might help! :)