We hold two benefits every year for Hope for Delaney. The first is a beef and beer in January. This past January we raised over $10k for the Cystic Fibrosis Center/Pulmonary Unit and CHOP (Children's Hospital of Philadelphia). The second event is a more fun, family oriented event. This year it was the Camden Riversharks game. Tickets were $11 and $5 from each ticket sale through the Hope for Delaney group code was donated back to the CF Center. We raised $640!!!
I'm really proud of my sister and brother in law who have faced this disease head on and are not only doing EVERYTHING in their power to keep Laney healthy but also doing everything they can to raise money for a cure. Too many kids die from this horrible disease. It's imperative that we find a cure!
A special thanks to my Ninja chickies for coming out and supporting me, my family, and most especially Laney Bean!
Here are a few pics!
And because we raised so much money, Laney Bean got to go on the field for a check presentation (minus the check...don't know why they didn't have it). I'm working on uploading that video but it seems Blogger doesn't like me today. Get in line, Blogger!
PS - Sorry it's so shaky. Avery kept grabbing the neck strap and yanking it around!



2 comments:
she is wicked cute and you know I love your family.
I would have loved to have been there but you know, I was hammered in Buffalo with your sister supporting another cause.
awesome job.. the entire section was sold out
Post a Comment