I have to be honest. Most days lately are really hard with Avery. Something is definitely going on with her. She's not going down for naps and bedtime like she used to. For example, last night she screamed bloody murder for 45 minutes. And I'm not talking just a whine or fuss. Full on screaming like she was being pinched over and over (and I swear I wasn't pinching her...this time). And for the naps...hahaha! Naps. Those are just a distant memory at this point.
Regardless of how hard the days have been, I realize just how insanely blessed I am that they are healthy babies. And on those hard days I just swig some Bailey's and remind myself that all days come to an end and a new one starts tomorrow. Big Poppa still wonders how I could still want a third baby after all the screaming in this house lately and I don't even know why I want one. But I do. Maybe I'm just demented and think that miraculously the third one will be the easiest? (...And I now realize that I'm delusional.)
Ok, enough rambling (I'm good at that, right?)...some updates.
Luca will be 2 years old in a matter of weeks. 2 FREAKING YEARS OLD!!! Can you believe it? I can't. I remember when he was just a itty bitty baby. Oh, who am I kidding? He was never itty bitty. He's always been a moose. But a cute one! The things he's saying now and learning are so funny. He's at the age where he's learning to phrase words together into mini-sentences. The other day when we were on our way home from Avery's pedi appt (more on that later) we stopped to get some McDonald's (yeah I feed my kid fast food. Suck it.). What does he say to me? "Mama get french fry?" Yes bubs...Mama's fat ass did get french fries. Just don't tell Daddy. Later that night at dinner (not fast food so HA!) he was putting some grated cheese on his pasta and chicken and spinach meatball (that I handmade so take that!) when he turned to Big Poppa and said, "I yike (like) cheese!" The kid kills me! And how could I forget his new favorite word? NO!!!
Onto Avery....oh, my sweet sweet Avie Baby. Where have you gone? Please come back to me. PLEASE!!!! I do have to say though, that this little girls temper tantrums at 9.5 months old are quite impressive. I never thought they could have full on tantrums at this age. I mean, Luca would freak out and all but then kick the legs, punch me in the chest type of tantrums. This girl makes fists and screams so hard she shakes. Impressive, right?
So at her well visit the other day we got the news that she was no longer growing at a normal rate. Back at her 7 month well visit (it was supposed to be at 6 months but I was late. Sue me.) she weighed in at 15 lbs., 8 oz. but was fully clothed and diapered. So technically, she weighed 15 lbs., 3 oz. At her appt. the other day (nearly 10 months old) she weighed in at 15 lbs., 7 oz. and only had on a diaper that was barely wet. So in a matter of 3 months time she only put on a couple ounces. They are concerned that she's just not growing at the normal pace anymore. Sooooo...priority numero uno is to fatten this girl up ASAP. We were told to wean off the baby food and start giving more and more table foods. So far, she seems like just about everything that we feed her. The problem is she still just doesn't eat very much of it. But we go back in two weeks for a weight check. If she isn't making progress then it's time for blood work and so on.
On a milestone front, she's crawling and starting to talk. She can say all done, mama, dada, nanuh (banana) and uh oh! She's also just started pulling herself up on the step/landing at the bottom of the stairs. She's taken a header and bruised up her cheek (that was on Daddy's watch, not mine...just sayin') but it's already practically healed. She likes to look at herself in the mirror and sing along with her little music toy. Still no teeth yet unfortunately. And honestly, I don't even feel or see the starts of any so I think we're still a long way off.
And they actually sat next to each other long enough to snap a picture!


5 comments:
Your babies are super duper cute. And girl -- I hear ya on the temper and the screaming. We have a screamer in our house, and man...it drives me (and DH especially) up the WALL! We have no idea how to get the boy to quit screaming. And it's not b/c he's hurt...it's b/c he's damn pissed. LOL! And the naps/sleep issue...I feel ya on that, too. He went from going down without a word to full on screaming fits this week. Not sure what's going on or how we'll make it through, but Lord willing we will. LOL! Oh, and he climbed out of his crib yesterday to top it all off. YEAH -- now he's in a toddler bed...ummm...yeah, no thanks!
Amy, your babies are so adorable!! Avery is just a little bitty thing, isn't she? My grandson, Cayden, who just turned one, weighs in at a whooping 23 pounds!! Avery reminds me of our Molly... who just turned 2 and weighs 21 pounds. So petite and dainty!! Great shot of them together!!
I totally want a cape after seeing that picture. Is that weird?
(So cute!!!)
God, Amy - they're so cute! Don't worry about Avie baby's weight - she's a girl. She's petite. It's not like you're some big cow or something! But I would like to know how you get her to talk - all Christopher says is mamamamamamama to no one in particular. He's walking though, so I got ya beat there. :P And he has two teeth. :)
Kel - I don't do anything in particular to get her to talk. She just repeats everything we say. If Luca starts singing twinkle, twinkle...she tries singing it. It even sort of sounds like it too! She just moo'ing like a cow and barking like a dog. It's hysterical! I'll have to email you the video of her.
Post a Comment