Tuesday, May 5, 2009

As if my self image weren't shit already...

I went out to dinner with my sister on Sunday night and got dressed up a little. Nothing crazy, just jeans, a nice shirt and cute shoes. I wasn't all skanked out but I rarely get a chance to dress nice and go out sans kids so I took advantage.

Anyway, I walked downstairs and asked my sweet Luca how I looked. Here's how the conversation went:

Hot Mama (that's me!): "Hey Lukey...how does Mommy look?"
Luca: "Moooooooooooo."
Fat Mama (yeah, that's me now): "Um, ok." (insert sad, dejected face here)

Kids certainly have a way of making you feel good about yourself!



7 comments:

Cammie said...

bwahahahahahahaha

Bre said...

OMGosh! You are NOT mooooo, I didn't believe that you had a baby! You're precious!

Kat said...

still- how could you get mad at that face!!!

Sherrie said...

LOL! Kids are so sweet, but they just don't realize what they're saying. My friend's daughter informed me that I have a "big butt" this weekend while we were visiting...talk about eye-opening. LOL! :)

MammaDucky said...

Don't tell any child psychologists this, but I totally would have started to pretend cry till he felt bad and gave me a hug. But that's just me.

The Rambler said...

Yeah, poking my 'bumpy' belly is my kids favorite thing to do.

All while saying...Boop. Boop. Giggle.

Your still HOT.

Kelly said...

Dude. Shut up. You had two kids in two years and you're still skinnier than I am. Therefore I hate you.