Thursday, May 21, 2009

You're going to Mars!

So as I sit here and surf the internet research the most educational projects to do with my children, I see that Luca has decided to "play" with Avery. His version of playing is shoving her ya-ya (some may call it a pacifier or binky or nuk....it's a ya-ya in my house) into her mouth. Which of course is backwards and upside down but those are just technicalities. Whatevs.

This reminds me of how my sisters used to "play" with me. I was the youngest of 4 girls so to say I was picked on was an understatement. I was tormented on a daily basis but I hold no bitterness towards them. No. None at all.

Anyway, my sister Jodie and I used to share a room. Jil and Ryann shared the other one. Jodie was the oldest and nicest. But every once in a while I would test her patience. Whether that be by snooping in her goods or stealing her Madonna cassette tape. There were different ways I could go about annoying her but it would usually result in the same punishment for me. She would push me down to the ground between the wall and the bed and then push the top mattress over me all while screaming, "you're going to Mars!" 


Now, at my easily impressionable and vulnerable age, I believed her!!!! So what did I do? I screamed my apologies for stealing Milli Vanilli or whomever from her and tried to escape from my mission to Mars (always unsuccessfully).

I know these days are coming for Avery. Poor girl. So unsuspecting. But at least she can follow in her Mom's footsteps and maybe even be the youngest girl to go to Mars. I think I hold the record but I also didn't have a little demon child like Luca as my sibling. 

5 comments:

Diana Lesjak said...

Funny... my sisters would tell me I was ADOPTED! Back then it seemed like a bad thing... yet... many times I thought my family was so crazy that I secretly would believe that I was adopted- since I could not possibly really belong to these nuts...could I??

Sherrie said...

I cannot wait for my baby Micah to be big enough to give his older brother a taste of his own medicine. LOL! Caleb, the oldest, beats up on him (not really, but he sure aggravates the hell out of him). Micah cannot stand it...so, I'm sure payback will be a hoot!

Kelly said...

You Klatt girls are weird.

Unknown said...

Baby Girl alreadt beats up her older brother & sister. at the same time. WWF has called.

rachaelgking said...

"You're going to Mars!"

I love it. I bet I could almost get away with using that on my bosses, and they wouldn't be any the wiser...