Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mickey and his crew aren't very smart.


Yet I continue to allow my children to watch it. Yes, I allow my 5 month old to watch tv. I'll wait while you go call Family Services....

Ok, now that that's done let me explain. On one of today's episodes (because there are 30 episodes of it every freaking day) Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, and Donald are trying to get to some dance contest or some shit. They have to walk there. Here's my first issue...why not fly in your convenient little hot air hand balloon? Wouldn't that make more sense and save you a load of time?

Then they come to a maze and they get all worked up because they have to get through the maze in order to continue. Um, hello?! Walk around the fucking thing. No need to get all in a tiff about which path to choose when you can just walk around it! Plus, why take the hard way when there is clearly an easier way to do things?! Whatevs...maybe I'm just lazy. 

Then they get to Mickey Park which they have to walk through to arrive at their final destination but who stops them? Pete. Pete, the big doofus, demands 4 yellow bows (random much) in order for them to be admitted into MICKEY park. Yes, the fucking park is named after Mickey and he's letting Pete tell him he can't walk through his own park?! That shit wouldn't fly with me. 


Speaking of Pete...I don't understand him. Sometimes he's mean and sometimes he's nice. I think he's bipolar.

Here is Pete dressed as a woman. See what I mean? He can't even decide if he wants to be a man or woman!


And it's also just dawned on me that I've spent way too much time thinking about Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I used to drink my morning coffee and debate politics with the hub or brainstorm a strategy for closing a lucrative deal with a potential big client. What has my life become?

On another quick note...we recieved a phone call from the Children's Hospital yesterday about little Avie Baby. They missed something on her xray and wanted us to come back immediately. So off we went to the ER. Thank God there were no Fiesty Mama's this time! It turns out she has a mild case of Pneumonia. She was put on antibiotics and hopefully will make a quick recovery now!

6 comments:

Cammie said...

good lord about Avery. glad they caught that before it got really bad.

I cant diss on Mickey. He is pretty much Mallory's reason for existance

bopbopdesigns said...

I can't get the hot dog song out of my head, yet I don't mind.

Connie Krebs said...

I can deal with Mickey, it is Dora that annoys the crap out of me... why, in order to do anything, do the kids have to shout? ESPECIALLY at 7 in the morning?! Enough with the "say it LOUDER!" nonsense! Oye!

Sherrie said...

Oh you gotta love MM Clubhouse. LOL! And -- my one year old watches TV, too...they might as well commit us now, right?!!?

Having you write it all out makes me think of Dora the Explorer and how she has to go over hell and high water to get to her destination. LOL! :) Gotta love the cartoons these days!

rachaelgking said...

Wow... Mickey's really changed since my day!

Unknown said...

You are so-o funny! I will never be able to watch MM Clubhouse the same way again.

I hope little Avery is all better soon.