Monday, April 13, 2009

A Realization about Holidays

So stay with me on this...

While driving home Sunday from our whirlwind day of Easter celebrations I came to the realization that holiday madness will NEVER get better. This is my reality for at least the next 20 years and sweet Jesus, that is depressing! We go to the ends of the Earth to create these precious memories and build traditions for our little ones and what do they do? Throw tantrums, refuse sleep, spit out food, smear jelly all over their spiffy new outfits, and then whine the whole way home. Um, remind me why it's worth it? Christ almighty...I needed a scotch on the rocks at the end of the day but did the Easter bunny bring me anything??? Nooooooo. Jerk.

Regardless of my whining, we did still create memories and build traditions. We went to church. Let me add that I don't consider myself to be religious however I do feel I am very faithful and spiritual. I don't believe I need to go to church every Sunday to prove my faithfulness to Jesus. But that's for another post. Hubster on the other hand is your typical church goer. Usually mass lasts an hour, tops. But not this one. An hour and 40 minutes later, Luke was spazzing and Avery was just jabbering away. That's when I turned to my holy husband and told him we were leaving. Peace out God.

We went straight over to my sisters for an easter egg hunt and dinner. I have 9 nieces and nephews so to say it was deafening madness was an understatement. It was fun nonetheless. Luca ate a banana, pretzel fish, a chocolate chip cookie, and a biscuit for dinner. Awesome. And he threw about 3.2 million tantrums because he only got a 30 minute nap. Again, awesome.

No offense to the big man upstairs but I was never so happy to see a holiday end.

A few pictures from our joyous home...







5 comments:

Bre said...

Yep, I had that same realiztion, sister. AGHHHH!!!

Connie Krebs said...

I hear ya! Holidays are complete madness, confounded in my family by the fact that the hubby and I are different religions. I really think that my kids memories of holidays are going to involve mommy getting smashed, crying, and daddy screaming, "Why the hell does this happen every year?"!!

Kelly said...

Let's see. My daughter asked me if the pastor was God. Then she ate skittles all through the 10am service. Then she had mashed potatoes for dinner. Happy easter, yo!

Unknown said...

You had to take your littles into church? Ya'll don't have a nursery? Bo is 4 & he barely lasts the 20 minutes of singing & such till he leaves for children's church.

Cammie said...

I did not even make it to church.
who is the skank holding Avie Baby in the last pic? She looks dirty.