Anyway, we were down the shore and it couldn't have been more perfect weather. We brought Luca to the boardwalk and he hopped on some rides for the first time. It was pretty funny. The next day we took both kids to the beach. I thought for sure that Luca would touch the arctic tundra water and come screaming crying back to me. But I was wrong. Instead my little Scuba Steve LOVED the ocean and it's below freezing temperatures. He kept running back in and didn't want to hold my hand. We finally had to leave with him throwing a major tantrum because he refused to stop running in the water without me or the hubs nearby. And maybe also because I was hypothermic at that point. Whatevs.
So I finally came home on Tuesday and honestly, even that was too soon. I can wholeheartedly say that I enjoy my IL's and love watching them interact and love on the kids. These babies really are their world and I love watching it. And also maybe getting to drink while they watch and play with the kids. Hey...Mama needs a break sometimes!
Luca has also started saying complete words. He usually just pronounces the beginning of the word. For example, Mickey was Mick. Well now he's actually saying Mickey and airplane. It's too cute. But he might get a smack on the ass if he keeps pounding his fucking fork into my dining room table. That's not so cute. He's also learned how to sing twinkle twinkle, the itsy bitsy spider, and take me out to the ball game. I need to get it on tape. But then again I probably think it's way cuter than you all would since I birthed him and everything.
Avery is also doing well. Girlfriend is a homebody though. She was a crank pot while we were down the shore. By Tuesday she was finally warming up to my IL's and then we left. Once we got home she went right back to her normal, perfect, happy self. Figures. She's also mastering the baby food! Can I get an Amen?! It only took a couple weeks but we're finally there!
Ok enough already. I don't want to bore you with all the baby/toddler talk so I'll just jump to the pictures.


3 comments:
OMG! Your kids are so freakin' cute!!! And I'm lovin me a beach!
Welcome home! Sounds like you had a great time. Your kids are tooo cute. I could just eat them up!
Cute, cute, cute...we love the beach, too.
Post a Comment