I swear on my kids eyeballs that I'm ok...just a little funk, that's all. But I'm good now. I'm slowly working my way out of it. I got so bogged down with all the change happening and I don't handle change well at all. And now the inspection is done and we're dealing with the bullshit. And now I need honest opinions about this situation regarding the inspection.
They say the heating system needs to be replaced. It is old. Probably a little under 15 years old. It does have rust, without a doubt. It's old, what do you expect?! BUT, it's technically NOT broken. It still works just fine. Our heating guy even said that if it were him, he would run it until it completely broke and then replace it. But it's not broken yet. So they are having their HVAC guy come out today to look at it and you obviously know what he's gonna recommend.
Here's where I need opinions...
Everything in this house is new with the exception of the heating and AC. Everything. Doors, flooring, kitchen, bathroom, hot water heater (fucker), appliances (fairly new), lighting, deck. Seriously, practically the whole house is new. The buyer is also getting a $6k seller's assist (which means that at closing, they will walk away with $6k that should be OUR money). We cannot afford to pay for a new heating system and don't want to give a credit when that will significantly cut into our profit on the house, yet again.
So, WWYD? Play hard ball and say, "the heater isn't broken, we aren't doing anything to it?" Or, give in and replace it?
Here's where I need opinions...
Everything in this house is new with the exception of the heating and AC. Everything. Doors, flooring, kitchen, bathroom, hot water heater (fucker), appliances (fairly new), lighting, deck. Seriously, practically the whole house is new. The buyer is also getting a $6k seller's assist (which means that at closing, they will walk away with $6k that should be OUR money). We cannot afford to pay for a new heating system and don't want to give a credit when that will significantly cut into our profit on the house, yet again.
So, WWYD? Play hard ball and say, "the heater isn't broken, we aren't doing anything to it?" Or, give in and replace it?
HELP!


4 comments:
I probably wouldn't fix it...but if it would make me lose the deal, then I might just suck up and pay for it. I think I'd rather have a sold house in this market than one not sold. And -- if that's the "only" think keeping it from being a DONE deal, then I might would suck it up. But -- if you've had others who are interested, then maybe...just maybe I wouldn't do anything.
Or -- get a price quote and go half with them...that is fair, right?!!?
I'd stick to your guns & not fix it! Sounds like you are already getting screwed. Can't you get something in writing from your guy?
Sorry things have been sucking! It kinda sucks around here too.
I agree with Sherrie. Push to split it since IT IS WORKING at the moment. Such nonsense... Why can't people just be FAIR. I know you will be fine... I just miss your wicked sense of humor! :~)
I don't even know what to tell ya, probably wouldn't fix it though.
Post a Comment