Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm not bi-polar but it sure felt like I was this weekend!

I was up, I was down, I was up, I was back down. I was happy, I was sad, I was laughing, I was crying. Good Lord...I don't know how people with real bi-polar disorder do it. Mad props...

So the house is on the market and I hate it. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I don't want to move but I know it's necessary and will be a really good thing in the long run. But it's so sad to be leaving our first home. The home we brought both Luca and Avery to for the first time, spent their first Christmas, started our newlywed lives in. ::Sigh:: Ok, enough already. Or I'm gonna start crying again. 

The good news is that the house went on the market on the 4th of July and we already had a showing at 11am on Sunday the 5th and apparently they're interested! But interested and shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars are two very different things. So we'll see what happens. Oh, and of course, how could I forget our 4th of July gift?! A broken water heater and basement of water?! Of fucking course! We have lived in this house for nearly 5 years and have never had a problem but the day we put it on the market, the hot water heater breaks. Isn't that Murphy's Law or something?

Thank God I have a friend whose hubby does heating/ac/plumbing so he's gonna help a sister out. Thank you Colleen and Ryan (and I'll be seeing you tonight)!

So keep sending those house selling vibes! We could use! Oh, and while you're at, I'm happy to take some 'no more broken appliances' vibes. 

4 comments:

Cammie said...

suck it up. you can take the baileys with you
xoxo

Diana Lesjak said...

Praying for you... Nothing worse than "water in the basement"! Just the words are scary! Good luck Amy~

bopbopdesigns said...

good luck! are you sure you aren't preggers?

QueenBee said...

What the crap!! It's always like this, you know when your child does something really cute and you tell them to do it in front of someone else, they look at you like you the stupid one. I feel you about the water heater though, but leaving your first home will mean that you are now ready to move on to something that will be better for you and your family. Your memories will last forever.