Thursday, March 5, 2009

I'm going to Florida...WITHOUT THE KIDS!!!!

I cannot put into words how excited I am about this! 

Two of my sisters are running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon in honor of my goddaughter, Delaney, who has Cystic Fibrosis. Laney was supposed to be at the finish line to see her mom but tested positive for RSV last week. So unfortunately, she isn't able to travel down there. But I will be sure to get as many pictures and videos as possible!!! 

Ok, now for reals...I'm super pumped to have time in the WARMTH and away from the kids. Does that make me a horrible mom? It does. WHAT-FUCKING-EVER! I need a break. I am home all day, every day with them and need some time to just sleep in the sun. We've left the house once this week so needless to say, I'm going bonkers (as is Luca). And here's the crazy part. Right now, I'm talking a big game like I can't wait to get away from them. But come tonight when I'm actually in Florida, I'm going to miss them like crazy and regret having gone down there and leaving them behind with Big Poppa (another affectionate term for the hubster). But....I NEED THIS, I NEED THIS, I NEED THIS. My sanity needs this. I just have to keep reminding myself.

Funny story real quick. I went to Target (aka Heaven) last night with both kids (I'm psychotic, I'm aware) to see if I could grab a bathing suit and maybe a pair of shorts. I'm in the fitting room trying stuff on since Mossimo must have something against me fitting into his clothes because they are never true to size. Anyway, Luca was standing behind me in the fitting room, which smelled horrendously of piss, and I pulled down my pants to try on some shorts. He looks up and grabs my ass and starts pinching. AHAHAHAHA! So freakin' funny!

So I'm out for a few days. I'll return with many funny stories I'm sure. Now I need to just get over this anxiety with flying. I hate flying. I loathe flying. But I'll just have to follow in my dear friend Cammie's footsteps and get wasted before, during, and after the flight so that I'll be too oblivious to know what's going on.

10 comments:

Bre said...

HAVE FUN!! You'll miss them, but you'll be back to the mommy-grind in NO time. ENJOY!! Take tons of pics, I so wish I were there! Hug Jil and Ry for me!:)

Cammie said...

I whored you out punkin....ohhh, that sounds DIRTY!

Love you! Have fun!!

Lori said...

I came by via Cammie... She gave you a shot out today... Have fun in FL... Your not a bad mom for wanting time to yourself...

Kristen said...

Just popped over from Cammie's blog.
Hi

have fun on your trip ...Cammie gives good advise...drink up!

Connie said...

Hey Cammie sent me!

I just decided to follow you (but not in a stalkerish type way...I have my hands full with that this week) because I think we are long last sisters!

I have a boy and girl that are 11 months apart (cuz I don't know what causes that) and I call my hubby Big Poppa (only sometimes cuz he hates it) and I love Target.

Anyway....have a fabulous time. You will miss the kids but you totally deserve the break and it will make you a much better Mom when you get back.

The Wife O Riley said...

Stopping by from Cammie's.

Have a wonderful time on your trip and remember that they have proven that mothers who take trips alone are better mothers. At least that's the story I'm selling at my house.

Love the blog!

The Richards Family said...

Have a blast.. Mommies deserve some time away.. Heck that is how I met you!! I am so glad I found your blog. I can't wait to catch up on you!!!

Melissa said...

Hey my friend. Glad to see you join the blogger world!

You girls have a freakin' BLAST and good luck. Think about y'all.

XOXO

jineen said...

found my way here via our wine loving friend cammie:) have a great time in Florida! don't feel guilty....you are allowed to still be a person! (not jsut a mom)
can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. Good luck to them! I am sure that Disney with no kids will be a blast!

Becca

Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com