But Melissa, dear, what's with the hair this evening? Good lord woman! Are you channeling a lioness or something? Tame it a bit. This isn't the 80's. You don't get points for who has the highest hair! Put the can of Aqua Net down and kick some ass in your little hoo-ha showing dress!
Onto some other news. Luca started "school" today. The hubster and I have decided to put him in daycare part time to expose him to other children. He doesn't do well when he is around other kids. By that I mean he smacks little girls at circle time when they are playing with a toy he wants. Yeah, that's my kid. Of course I got him the cutest personalized backpack and lunchbox. I'm cheesmo like that. And I tried to take pictures of him all decked out but he wasn't having it. He's used to getting his morning dose of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before having to go anywhere so he wasn't in the best mood. School is already crimping his style. Anyway, he cried the entire time. He stopped for the hour they went outside to play but promptly started right back up again. He barely touched his lunch. Ugh. My heart broke. I cried when I dropped him off and wanted to cry again when I heard how upset he was. A big thanks to Mandy for pulling me out of there and treating me to a chocolate croissant and ginormous cafe mocha at Panera so I could suck my snot back and wipe my tears! Friends are the best!
Here are some pics from Luke's first day and the last couple weeks! Enjoy my little slice of cuteness!


8 comments:
I love it... he looks a little tentative and she is ready to PARTY with Mama all to herself!
and here I was all ready to read a post about how OUR Melissa was a reject. HA
Aw hell, your kids are cute! I promise you, school WILL get better for Luca once he gets adjusted to his new environment. Both of my kids started school when they were too young to remember doing anything else, but friends of Lauren had similarly rough days. Once they get adjusted they’re totally different and you’ll be trying to pull him out of there kicking and screaming because he wants to play with his friends. Don’t worry, it’ll be fine soon!
PS-I have an award for you on my blog today
Have you tried taking him to storytimes at your local library? They're really a great introduction to a classroom-like environment for younger kids. A co-worker started bringing her daughter to my storytimes two years ago when she was two and it's been amazing watching her adapt to it. Her mother had been really worried about separation anxiety problems when the time came for her little girl to start pre-k and kindergarten, but that's not even an issue anymore. If this child knew that I was using her as a case study. LOL! Just a thought. Good luck! :-)
Colleen - I have tried taking him to storytimes and circle times at the local libraries but rather then sit and listen he likes to rip the book out of the librarians hands and then slap the little girl during free play. HAHA!
Ah, gotcha. LOL! Well, Luca's only, what, 18 months old? He's got plenty of time to learn the ropes!
Bite me CAMMIE!!! :P
Actually I did wonder what I did wrong when I read the title...hehe
Post a Comment