Monday, March 30, 2009

Sick, Sank, Sunk

Yeah, I know that should say sink, sank, sunk but whatevs. Poor Luke is sick as a dog. I don't really get that saying but I'm gonna use it anyway. 

We went down the shore this weekend and that's where it all began. It started as a minor cough and has blown up into fever, cough producing vomit, double ear infections and more snot coming out of his nose than steam coming out of Alaska's Mt. Redoubt right now. It's really pretty disgusting...his snot, not Mt. Redoubt. My couches have also gotten the shit end of the deal in this situation since Luca is convinced that they are just big, fluffy tissues. Stanley Steamer will be called just as soon as the snotting has ceased.

Here's my little sick boy...


Thumbs up even though he's feeling thumbs down...



And of course Big Poppa had to go to Hot-lanta today for business. Convenient, right? So now I'm stuck with a miserable, non-napping 19 month old and a 5 month that sucks at putting herself to sleep for naps. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Ok, enough bitching. It could be way worse, I know. 

I have an observation I'd like to share and get opinions on. Anyone here watch Oprah? Ok, stupid question. So they've been doing this "Live from Chicago" thing on Fridays with O Mama, Lover Gayle, Mark "I'm a hot piece of ass" Consuelos, and Ali Wentworth (she's married to George Stephanopolous.....WHA???). Is it just me or is the chemistry between these 4 just NOT working at all?! Mark can't finish a sentence without being completely cut off by one of the women. And the couple words he does get out are usually pretty stupid. Ali Wentworth is fucking funny. But I don't think Gayle likes her. I get a very bad vibe from Gayle. She gives off the impression like she's better then the others because she's O Mamas BFF. Want my opinion? Replace Gayle with Kathy Griffin and that shit will be funny! No, no. On second thought, replace Mark with Kathy and let her just rip into Gayle on a daily basis. I would thoroughly enjoy that. Should we start a Facebook group?

7 comments:

Muppet Soul said...

I love your blog, mostly because you manage to curse AND show baby pictures at the same time.

A Mom after my own heart!

That's because Gayle is the only one that can give O the big O. she doesn't want any competition.

Bre said...

Oh, Amy, that's pathetic! Poor baby.

Connie Krebs said...

"So now I'm stuck with a miserable, non-napping 19 month old and a 5 month that sucks at putting herself to sleep for naps. Fan-fucking-tastic."

This part of your post made my day. Except I am the sick one, taking care of the "I feel fantastic" kids while hubby sleeps...and with no one to take care of me...=(

Kate said...

You are hysterical! As to the Oprah observation, I agree 100% - obviously years of being henpecked by Kelly Ripa have taught Mark to keep his mouth shut and to not talk over the ladies. Ali is funny - I'd like to hang out with her. And agreed about Gayle - she used to be fun and now is a boring, self-loving snot who def is threatened by Ali. Kathy would def spice it up - why don't you see if you can make that happen in your spare time? Thank you! Sincerely, an adoring SAHM

Cammie said...

poor punkin. Give him some Bailey's...that will make him feel better

Chocolate and Steel said...

poor little guy. He looks miserable.

MammaDucky said...

Dude, I'm so friggen happy you stopped by my blog today. I just reading one post made me laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants. Look-out! You've got yourself a new stalker...I mean follower.
P.S. I feel ya on the kids close in age thing. My twins had JUST celebrated their first birthday when SURPRISE! New baby on the way. Yeah, 3 kids under 2 was F-U-N.