Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sleep Gods, why do you hate me so?

It's official. The sleep Gods have officially black listed me. I'm not sure why either. I worship them and pray to them daily. Sometimes even hourly. If there is a confession that I can go to so that I can confess my sleeping sins, let me know where and I'll be the first one in line with my rosary. 

Luke was a HORRIBLE napper, not such a bad night time sleeper. Finally after a visit with the sleep center at CHOP, we corrected the problem and he's been great with naps ever since.

Well it seems Avery is headed down the same path. She will only nap on me and over the last few days, has been fighting her naps pretty much constantly. Night sleep is touch and go with her. She's very inconsistent. Sometimes STTN and sometimes up to eat.  That doesn't bother me so much. But the napping, that shit bothers me.

On top of all this, we have to break her of the swaddle. She's moving around her crib way too much and it's just not safe anymore. The problem with this is that Avery loves her some swaddle. So she's not too happy with us lately which means she will make life hell on the sleeping front. Yay for being a mom!

So if anyone has any tips on what to do with this child and the napping situation, I'm all ears. She won't do the swing or the bouncy or the boppy. I've tried aquariums and sound machines and lullabies. Dark room, quiet, vibrations, no vibrations. 

So that's it. I'm a sleep sinner I guess. Just please don't let my in laws know that I'm breaking the first commandment. 

4 comments:

Kat said...

She won't sleep in the car seat either??? We take a trip to Target, come back, and run car seat with sleeping baby right up stairs to the background noise of the Disney channel and I Get a good 3 hours.

bopbopdesigns said...

I say you offer those gods a cheesesteak ;)

Cammie said...

DUDE! I did not know you had a blog!!!! FUN!
Go play at thesitsgirls.com if you want to "meet" some new peeps to follow your blog!

love you!
C

Anonymous said...

sorry I don't have any words of wisdom to help but I love the name We also have an Avery but she seems to sleep fine till 4 am then she wakes up to nurse then back down till 6 or 8 so I'm sorta there with the not sleeping so much!