It was quite a weekend! And I have some amusing things to share. If you know my family then this shouldn't surprise you. So let's get to it, shall we?
My flight left Friday night promptly at 615pm. Big Poppa was supposed to be home between 4-415pm so that I could finish up packing and help him get the kids packed up. He decided to take them to his parents house for the weekend. My IL's live at the Jersey Shore but are trying to sell their house (let me know if you're interested). Well, who decides to stroll through the door at 445pm. Ah, yes. Thank you Big Poppa. So I had a whopping 3.2 seconds to finish all the packing. Good times. Oh and did I mention that I didn't even get a chance to shower that day? Awesomeness.
So I'm finally on the road at 5pm for a 615pm TAKE OFF! In my scramble I got confused and parked in short term parking. That was pretty dumb. But I did get a really sweet spot right outside of the baggage claim area. It didn't matter that my parking tab would probably come to nearly $500 by the time I returned 48 hours later but whatevs. At least I wouldn't have to walk very far. I'm seeing the silver lining here people...stay with me.
I flew down there on first class and it was the best thing EVER! Why you ask? Well aside from the obviously larger seats, spacious leg room, and quiet...FREE BOOZE!!!! I started throwing back the red wine as if it were water. Which probably wouldn't have been such a bad idea if I'd actually eaten a meal that day. But since I hadn't I got to enjoy the wine that much more! Half way through the flight, I was feeling pretty damn good. The stewardess came around with little snacks and I remember snatching a bag of pretzels AND sun chips. But only because the guy next to me took two bags. So I thought, hmmm...guess it must be yet another privilege of first class! Suh-weet! Honestly, I considered going for a third bag but held back.
Ok...onto the good stuff. I get off the plane and have a picture message from Big Poppa. Now remember, he decided to pack up the kids at 530pm (no dinner in Luke and Avery ready for a doze) and drive them the 1.5-2 hours down the shore to his parents house. The picture message is titled, "There is a good story as to why she is naked." I open it to see a picture of Avery, naked (she had a diaper on...don't worry), in a Burger King (I saw the famous BK crowns in the background). She's looking at the camera like, 'why the fuck are you taking my picture dad?'
It turns out that Avery started screaming as soon as they hit NJ. He stopped at a rest stop so he could use the bathroom and get Luke some dinner. Nothing healthier than BK, right? He takes her out of her carseat and she is covered in pee. Apparently, he never changed her diaper before leaving the house. So he had to strip her down in the burger king (they don't have changing tables in the mens room...sexism at its finest) and get her cleaned up. They ate and got back in the car where she promptly started screaming again and didn't stop until they were nearly at my IL's house. But get this...she STTN for him both nights! WTF??? I come home last night and of course she was up at 230am. Figures.
Ok, so I made it to sunny Florida. I inhaled leftovers from sisters' dinner (kudos to Wolfgang Puck on the alfredo dish) and went to bed where I didn't sleep. My chance to sleep, like really sleep, and I can't. Again, wtf?!
Saturday was spent laying at the pool with my mom, two sisters, niece, cousin and her boyfriend. It was beautiful and warm and relaxing. Towards the end of the day we decided to go down the water slides. I guess I thought it would be fun to channel my inner 12 year old.
It was fun going down. And then I landed in the water which shot up my nose. After all these years I'd forgotten how bad that shit burns.
We got out of the pool and realized we were burning so we grabbed lunch and headed back to our rooms. We didn't realize just how bad the burns were. That night there was trouble walking, trouble smiling, and painful bra-wearing. But we still all went to dinner at Portobello's in Downtown Disney.
Heather and Nelson also joined us and it was a great time and meal.
Or so I thought. We got done eating and I didn't feel right. I got sick. Yep. Disney sure is a magical place. So we got on the shuttle to go back to the resort. We had to stop at Pleasure Island first. Well there was no way I was making it back to the resort so my mom and I jumped off the bus. And I'll just put it this way...Pleasure Island wasn't so pleasurable. Enough said.
Sunday was race day. Team Bean had to leave at 5am for a 7am start time. We, 'The ChEAR Squad' (that's Disney's term, not mine...I'm not that gay), didn't have to be there until around 830-9am when they would be coming close to the finish line. My sister, Jil, is crazy and was texting us while she was running. The girl is hardcore. We were also able to keep track of them via a chip on their shoes that tracked their pace online. So I was getting updates to my cell phone. Here are Aubree, Jilian, and Amy S. (in L-R order) crossing the finish line! They finished at 2 hours, 28 minutes. Way to go ladies!
My sister Ryann came in at 2 hours, 59 minutes. I'm crazy proud of Ryann. She is not a runner. Never has been. While Jil and Aubree have always been great runners, it just wasn't Ry's thing. But she told Jil she would do this for Delaney and started training a few months back. I think the most she'd ever run was around 7 miles or so. But she made all 13.1 miles! We were freaking out for her. Her knee is pretty banged up and she'll probably need to see a doctor for it, but she didn't quit! Here's Ry crossing the finish line!
I couldn't be more proud of these three. This was a huge accomplishment for them. It brought me to tears to see them conquer such a task and all for our little Bean, Delaney.
I got to meet up with my SIL before leaving Florida and it was so good to see her. I heart her. She's a great girl and just hasn't been able to catch a break since moving down to Florida a few months ago. She's coming home for Easter and I can't wait to see her again!
The flight home was uneventful. Back to the whole short term parking situation. I devised a plan while on the flight home. I was going to ask them what happened if I lost my ticket and see if they would just make me pay the max day rate which was $20. It almost worked! The lady was about to charge the $20 when some d-bag manager walked in and called my plate number into the head parking office or some shit. That's when she says, 'oh you'll have to pay $114.' You guys suck. But, I expected the damage to be a lot worse so I was still satisfied.
So there's my weekend. It was a great time all around. Now I'm back to reality with a killer sunburn. But it was worth it since my color resembled that of Elmer's glue prior to leaving. Check out www.Hope4Delaney.com for the videos of the girls crossing the finish line!


4 comments:
I am SO proud of those girls!!!! Yay Team Bean!!!
what happens in BK stays in BK.... I can't believe your parking was $114!!!
Looks like a great time!
Looks like you had a GREAT time! Hey, I've never cooked chicken pot pie. This will be my first attempt, but the recipe seems easy enough. Here's where I found it...
http://1momof5-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/02/chicken-pot-pie.html
Let me know if you try it. I'll post how it turns out if I remember. :)
GO Team Bean!!! Y'all RAWK!!
Post a Comment